• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

pingram3541

Nov 10, 2009
I have done a bit of searching from both the market and the interwebs and so far cannot find a solution for using my VoIP service through my ERIS.

1. I have an office Polycom 550HD which is great when I'm in the office but I want to use this service when I'm out of the office.
2. My service supports X-Lite VoIP Softphone but there isn't a version for Android market, only pc and mac. :(
3. I could use my laptop while in the field and I thought it would be cool to use my bluetooth or wifi ability of my ERIS as a wireless headset for the laptop but could only find an app for the symbian phones to do this. I am pretty surprised an app for "phone as pc headset via wifi or bt" hasn't been written.
4. I have heard of sipdroid but don't know how or if it is even possible to integrate it with my sip provider which uses a custom asterisk build. :thinking:

Any of you found anything that works?

I have done a bit of searching from both the market and the interwebs and so far cannot find a solution for using my VoIP service through my ERIS.

1. I have an office Polycom 550HD which is great when I'm in the office but I want to use this service when I'm out of the office.
2. My service supports X-Lite VoIP Softphone but there isn't a version for Android market, only pc and mac. :(
3. I could use my laptop while in the field and I thought it would be cool to use my bluetooth or wifi ability of my ERIS as a wireless headset for the laptop but could only find an app for the symbian phones to do this. I am pretty surprised an app for "phone as pc headset via wifi or bt" hasn't been written.
4. I have heard of sipdroid but don't know how or if it is even possible to integrate it with my sip provider which uses a custom asterisk build. :thinking:

We use asterisk at our company and I was able to setup sipdroid in a few minutes. I was able to send/receive calls over wifi and 3G. Worked and sounded fine. Probably a battery hog which the Eris has enough problems with battery.

Upvote 0
We use asterisk at our company and I was able to setup sipdroid in a few minutes. I was able to send/receive calls over wifi and 3G. Worked and sounded fine. Probably a battery hog which the Eris has enough problems with battery.

I tried using sipdroid with my provider which requires the MAC address so I was only able to test using the WiFi. Not sure how to get the 3G MAC. Anyways, it seems there are still some issues because I could answer an incoming call but it would immediately hang up. Placing an outbound call worked but had initial delays before voice was audibly present and the volume was very low and full of static. My provider asked about options that were not present so it seems pretty limited on what this app allows you to do.

Upvote 0

Anyone have know of an App that allows for calling over Wi-Fi...I used to have this functionality with T-Mobile...Sure saves on minutes

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones