• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Volume Locker

CharlesLewis

Android Enthusiast
Jun 29, 2010
I am using Volume Locker to keep my Galaxy Note 4 from arbitrarily changing my ring volume. The app works fine, but I would like to turn off the beep notification when it prompts me to authorize a switch. I have tried changing the notification sound and even making the notification silent, but nothing works. This is distracting in a quiet environment. I tried emailing the app maker, but I've not gotten any reply to my emails.

Can anyone help?

Ergh, no updates since April of 2012.:( Just to verify, you are trying to set the notification to silent from this screen in the in app settings:

n1HwLlxDmgqe1MH-WrOExauVKQQ9ACtlO-seepy5HOdi1lVTbjgEbQ-zYwN4lRiBhJLb=h900-rw

Upvote 0
Ergh, no updates since April of 2012.:( Just to verify, you are trying to set the notification to silent from this screen in the in app settings:

n1HwLlxDmgqe1MH-WrOExauVKQQ9ACtlO-seepy5HOdi1lVTbjgEbQ-zYwN4lRiBhJLb=h900-rw
I finally got the bright idea of turning the phone off and back on. It then recognized the change. Why the power off and on was needed, I don't know, but at least it worked.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones