• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Voting time !

Which ROM is the BEST?

• MIUI

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • CM7

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • LeeDroid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Honey 3D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
Which ROM is the BEST:

1. MIUI
2. CM7
3. LeeDroid
4. Honey 3D
5. Other (please specify)

Cast your votes now ! :)

1. CM7 - Simply the best ROM i have used yet! Stable, good battery life and customisable.
2. MIUI - What i am using now, absolutely great if you want an (i - phonish) look and feel and totaly different look and feel from normal android.
The rest is meh same old lol
Think ill be going back to CM7 soon, so my vote is CM7!!!! :)

Upvote 0
1. CM7 - Simply the best ROM i have used yet! Stable, good battery life and customisable.
2. MIUI - What i am using now, absolutely great if you want an (i - phonish) look and feel and totaly different look and feel from normal android.
The rest is meh same old lol
Think ill be going back to CM7 soon, so my vote is CM7!!!! :)

Yup I think look wise MIUI is abit better than CM7 but performance wise definitely CM7 ...

Upvote 0
CM7 for me, had ARHD on for about 10 minutes before it got hooked for causing an absolute multitude of force closes. Maybe just a duff flash, but the guidelines were followed to the letter, so now back to the all conquering CM7, although im itching to try an ICS type ROM when they become available:D

Upvote 0
still trying to decide...
that's why i voted other.
must admit, cm7 was very good.
just lacked 1 or 2 things as far as i'm concerned though

edit:
is there a keyboard app that can be used with cm7?
like ye olde phone type keypad.
i hate using a qwerty keypad.
does my loaf in!!!

GB Keyboard. That's the free version, the paid version might have the options you want. But head to Settings -> Language & Keyboard -> Gingerbread Keyboard -> Advanced Settings -> Keyboard Layout (It's greyed out for me, but I just went for the free version).

Bump.
Cmon guys CM7 is romping it, i for one would like to see who's running what and why.

CM7, it's slick and totally open to customisation. Exactly the way Android should be in my opinion. Plus a beta release of CM7 is more stable than HTC's official software.

Upvote 0
GB Keyboard. That's the free version, the paid version might have the options you want. But head to Settings -> Language & Keyboard -> Gingerbread Keyboard -> Advanced Settings -> Keyboard Layout (It's greyed out for me, but I just went for the free version).

I have the paid version and no, it only supports a QWERTY layout.

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones