• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Vzw note 3 using byop Sim straight talk need root help

Scalywagg

Lurker
Mar 6, 2018
So I am as new as new gets to this sort of thing. I'm sure I'm breaking all sorts of new guy rules by posting here but not sure what to do, so I apologize in advance if I offend with my lack of knowledge.
I recently got a verizon note 3 that was unlocked by them (vzw) after a family member upgraded. I used the straight talk byop sim packet and got it up and running with my service.
Now for my actual question. Is there anyone out there rather thru email phone calls or even this website that can walk me thru the rooting process. I want all the verizon crap off this device and to see what other possibilities there are with a rooted device. I am however as I stated before so new to this that I don't understand what I'm doing even after some research here and on xda. I have lollipop 5.0 I believe but to be honest don't even really know what that means. Thanks for any help I get out of this.

Not to discourage you from rooting but just my opinion, you might be better off not rooting your phone until you're actually more comfortable using it and a lot more familiar with fundamental issues. Rooting does enable you to do a lot of things at a lower level but it also makes it a lot easier to soft brick your phone.
Maybe start off just going through the Settings menu, there's a lot of options to mess with and a number of those options have contextual menus of their own. Samsung tends to tweak their own products with various features so getting familiar with your Settings is a good way to learn about the specific things your own phone is capable of.

Upvote 0
While I appreciate the concern I feel that I know all the stock phone is capable of. I actually came from a note 4 edge and went to the note 3 only because of a broken screen and bad battery on note 4 plus got note 3 for free. I have played with every option and setting on the note line. I am more looking for root access to delete all verizon stuff from phone since it's now running on straight talk and to kind of open up new things I may be able to do with a very old phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones