• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

wanna see something amazing with your EVO right now?

Also, I had noticed this the other night when I was showing some one this app. I didnt think anything about the planets being on top of another, as I know nothing about astrology so I just thought this was how they always were. Just went out side to check and they were still like this, so this is pretty rare? How often does it occur? Oh, and I too thought you were referring to the moon when I originally read this as it has been the brightest thing in the sky for a while here as we havent had rain for weeks....

Upvote 0
This is so dumb you can't tell people to go look at something and not tell them what they are looking for.

Jupiter is passing earth at its closest distance from earth in about 50 years. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. If you have telescope take it out and look at the brightest start, it is jupitor

Upvote 0
No, I held it up toward the moon as well and it didn't show it. Maybe I was aiming wrong, but even moving it around a little didn't do much. Seems a little awkward to move.

Mine does this too, i have yet to see any use of it from my phone. It doesn't even show the moon for me when i point at it, everything checked in settings. I uninstalled due to this after i first purchased the phn, reinstalled this week and still doesn't show anything but stars and constellations. My friend has the app on his iPhone so maybe i'll compare with him later...

Upvote 0
Correction, mine is working semi-correctly now. It did find the moon, Jupiter, and Uranus. But after i closed out and tried to reshow it to my wife, i had to close/open the app 3 more times before it aligned "somewhat" correctly (direction of moon and planets were quite a bit off) . I don't have it set to use GPS if that's what the problem is though. Neat-o.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones