• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Want Beats Audio for your Triumph? CLICK in this Thread!

How exactly does "Beat's Audio" make the sound on our phone's better? Just different audio files? Does it also help with the naturally low volume of the Triumph? Compare full volume on an iPod of any kind and then do the same with the Triumph if you don't know what I'm talking about. I'd kill to have music sound like that on my phone.

Upvote 0
How exactly does "Beat's Audio" make the sound on our phone's better? Just different audio files? Does it also help with the naturally low volume of the Triumph? Compare full volume on an iPod of any kind and then do the same with the Triumph if you don't know what I'm talking about. I'd kill to have music sound like that on my phone.

Trust me my dads an AudioPhile (has a 10,000 home theater setup in his living room Paradigm speakers and 4 18" dual opposed subwoofers and a 65" Plasma..) I grew up with how audio is supposed to sound like Lossless or not. Ive heard so many different speakers and brands then you can shake a fist at.. my ears are pretty tuned for bass because i love dubstep.. this has greatly improved bass response.

If the audio sounds crisper to me.. its been improved. Many people have said that with a variety of phones.. and i dont really give into the BEATS nonsence but here it has improved..

Quoted from lifehacker.com "The above images to the right show the difference before and after the mod has been applied on a Samsung Galaxy SL—the first image uses default audio, while the second image shows sound with the Beats mod installed. Hit the link to read more and to download the mod."

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17f54dg6oglgdjpg/original.jpg

See how its tighter and well formed over all the ranges? That is an improvement not much but it is. No gaps over the spectrum.

give it a try :)

Reactions: sfboy and ziggy46
Upvote 0
There was another thread about this that was deleted (at the OP's request?). It was found out that it only adds some lib and config files that don't actually call anything in the code. It was the consensus there that it was a placebo effect and no real difference as it didn't change anything on the phone.

Upvote 0
There was another thread about this that was deleted (at the OP's request?). It was found out that it only adds some lib and config files that don't actually call anything in the code. It was the consensus there that it was a placebo effect and no real difference as it didn't change anything on the phone.

there is a slight crisperierness in the bass (lol i made a word :D )

check my sig lol

Upvote 0
there is a slight crisperierness in the bass (lol i made a word :D )

check my sig lol

Are you sure, did you see that it changes anything in the code?

I'm just making sure people base stuff off of actual proof rather than an opinion that can't be tested. Run tests and all that, I will believe you, I just don't like claims that something works great when there isn't actual proof (just opinion).

Upvote 0
Are you sure, did you see that it changes anything in the code?

I'm just making sure people base stuff off of actual proof rather than an opinion that can't be tested. Run tests and all that, I will believe you, I just don't like claims that something works great when there isn't actual proof (just opinion).

well i looked in the updater script and it looks as if it only pushes the files... it doesnt set any permissions. im gonna make the zip set permissions to the files and re-test. do you guys know any ways that make it easier to test sound quality other than my ears?

so what did i do wrong then why the bootloop ?

messing with system stuff sometimes does that... what rom you running?

Upvote 0
well i looked in the updater script and it looks as if it only pushes the files... it doesnt set any permissions. im gonna make the zip set permissions to the files and re-test. do you guys know any ways that make it easier to test sound quality other than my ears?

I don't know what to test it with off the top of my head. Probably something that analyzes the audio. I am not sure hat they used in that lifehacker post, but probably something like that.
Side note:
I love lifehacker, but that post annoys me because they didn't say what they used to analyze it. Part of a study is being able to replicate the results, and you can't do that if you don't know how they analyzed it!

Seeing as how you just said that it didn't set permissions, it couldn't have done anything to improve the performance? Stuff like that makes me want evidence rather than personal testimony (and it doesn't matter whose opinion that is from the biggest noob the the biggest expert). Actual testing and proof is needed. Before/after pics of differences and results and all that jazz.

Having majored in Psychology when I was in college, I have seen all sorts of studies that show how powerful a placebo effect is. And how easily you are sure of something that wasn't there. It happens with eye witness testimony as well. Your mind thinking that something is going on can even cause physical symptoms that have no other reason to be there.

Reactions: cocheese101
Upvote 0
What he said ... and when he says "they" he means me.

It is especially important to keep the device forums on topic for the sake of those members who aren't so technically inclined. There are plenty of threads in the lounge that drift all over the place that are of a more entertaining nature. Feel free to join in there where the atmosphere is a bit more relaxed. However, even it those threads, as with everywhere else on Android Forums, don't criticize, insult or needlessly argue with other members. If you see posts you think are over the line, report them, don't engage in confrontational behavior, and (I don't believe I actually have to say this) don't snark at the mods.

We do our best to keep the forums helpful and a pleasant place for people to come and get help, offer help and exchange ideas and information. That includes everybody.

Upvote 0
What he said ... and when he says "they" he means me.

It is especially important to keep the device forums on topic for the sake of those members who aren't so technically inclined. There are plenty of threads in the lounge that drift all over the place that are of a more entertaining nature. Feel free to join in there where the atmosphere is a bit more relaxed. However, even it those threads, as with everywhere else on Android Forums, don't criticize, insult or needlessly argue with other members. If you see posts you think are over the line, report them, don't engage in confrontational behavior, and (I don't believe I actually have to say this) don't snark at the mods.

We do our best to keep the forums helpful and a pleasant place for people to come and get help, offer help and exchange ideas and information. That includes everybody.

i wasnt snarking toward any mods... (i saw my comment got deleted)

i went over the entire thread and nobody was arguing from what i saw. and i was only trying to prevent "thread cleanup" or "lockdown"...

im sorry my comment was taken that way.

Upvote 0
I don't know what to test it with off the top of my head. Probably something that analyzes the audio. I am not sure hat they used in that lifehacker post, but probably something like that.
Side note:
I love lifehacker, but that post annoys me because they didn't say what they used to analyze it. Part of a study is being able to replicate the results, and you can't do that if you don't know how they analyzed it!

Seeing as how you just said that it didn't set permissions, it couldn't have done anything to improve the performance? Stuff like that makes me want evidence rather than personal testimony (and it doesn't matter whose opinion that is from the biggest noob the the biggest expert). Actual testing and proof is needed. Before/after pics of differences and results and all that jazz.

Having majored in Psychology when I was in college, I have seen all sorts of studies that show how powerful a placebo effect is. And how easily you are sure of something that wasn't there. It happens with eye witness testimony as well. Your mind thinking that something is going on can even cause physical symptoms that have no other reason to be there.

yup. and im trying to make it so i dont fall to the placebo effect so i can test this more accuratly :D

Upvote 0
2nd post after the OP

Which tells me nothing about it working on our phone. It has a reference to Lifehacker which doesn't say how they tested it so I could reproduce it. And personal testimony that is only anecdotal and not proof. Especially when Ziggy (and others in the thread that was deleted) stated that it didn't actually change any files (or if it added them, they didn't have the permissions to do anything).

I am asking for some reproducible proof. :)

Upvote 0

Maybe record before and after onto a computer. Use a male to male 3.5mm headphone cord. Plug one end into the phone's headphone port and the other into the mic port on a computer, which should give the clearest and closest quality without just recording it using a mic. Use audacity or something and see if you can see any difference in the sound waves, or google search for a sound analyzer that is software based. There are too many free and paid ones, so I don't know which one would be the easiest to use.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately this does nothing for our phone. The files in that zip are all "new" files. They are the "beats" libs and configs ripped from a beats equipped phone. Adding them to your /system does nothing because there is nothing to tell the OS to use them. It's the equivalent of copy and pasting the contents of your c:\Windows on your PC to /system and expecting your phone to boot into Windows.

Reactions: agentc13
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones