• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Watch your NE2 dates!!!

Hi Everybody,

I pre-ordered the DINC on the first hour of pre-orders and have loved every second I've had with this phone and can't wait to see when we get the Froyo! But, a funny thing happened today as I was checking my bill online. I was not due for my NE2 when I got the phone because I always seem to only keep a phone for around a year, so of course I paid full price for the DINC. That being said, my NE2 date should not have moved and should have said Nov,2010. Well, much to my surprise it said 19months when I logged into my "My Verizon" (I hate the new layout btw!) account. I was automatically like NFW!
Why did my date change???
I paid full price damn it!!!

Anyway, I called *611 as quick as my fingers could go and they had me on the phone for about 25min trying to straighten it out. They finally did. Not only that, I guess they couldn't put the date back to the previous date, which mind you was 6 months away, so they changed it to effective immediately.

Long story short--- If you paid full retail,be sure to keep an eye on you NE2 date so they don't try and slip one by on you!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones