1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Water damaged LG Vortex w/ Root

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ForeverZ3RO, Apr 13, 2011.

1. ForeverZ3RO

ForeverZ3RO Lurker
    None

Apr 13, 2011
    I have a rooted LG Vortex and I accidentally dropped it in water. Well, now it will not turn on at all. I'm supposed to be sending it back in to Asurion and I already have my replacement and payed my deductible. My question is, will Asurion be able to detect if my Vortex is rooted since it wont turn on at all? I can't un-root (of course being that i can't turn it on). Thanks in advance!

I hope i posted this in the appropriate place.

Advertisement

2. mussio

mussio Well-Known Member
    None

May 9, 2010
    unless they are able to turn it on but i doubt it water really messes thing up.

3. dtomlin815

dtomlin815 Lurker
    None

Mar 19, 2011
    I'm not 100% sure but I believe rooting voids the manufacturers warranty, but the third party insurance should still cover the physical components of the phone. I doubt they will even look closely at your phone. You just have to send the old one back as proof there is no fraud taking place.

4. ForeverZ3RO

ForeverZ3RO Lurker
    None

Apr 13, 2011
    Thanks for the help. I hope they don't catch it. I don't think I'm going to root my new one, there is just to much chance involved with it. I have to admit though, I loved having a rooted phone. The big deal in being able to root my phone in the first place was getting Adobe Flash, but even with it rooted I still could find no way to get it onto my phone. I've looked up many different way, so If anyone knows of a way let me know. Thanks.

5. dedwards77

dedwards77 Newbie
    None

Apr 7, 2011
    I dont think the vortex can use flash player due to cpu limitations but I could be wrong

Tags: