• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Water damaged LG Vortex w/ Root

ForeverZ3RO

Lurker
Apr 13, 2011
I have a rooted LG Vortex and I accidentally dropped it in water. Well, now it will not turn on at all. I'm supposed to be sending it back in to Asurion and I already have my replacement and payed my deductible. My question is, will Asurion be able to detect if my Vortex is rooted since it wont turn on at all? I can't un-root (of course being that i can't turn it on). Thanks in advance!

I hope i posted this in the appropriate place.

Thanks for the help. I hope they don't catch it. I don't think I'm going to root my new one, there is just to much chance involved with it. I have to admit though, I loved having a rooted phone. The big deal in being able to root my phone in the first place was getting Adobe Flash, but even with it rooted I still could find no way to get it onto my phone. I've looked up many different way, so If anyone knows of a way let me know. Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones