• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wave Secure - locked me out of my phone!

zachamuffin

Apr 2, 2010
Bit of a schoolboy error on my part, just got my android phone & saw that Wave Secure was a recommended app to keep track of my phone & had the ability to lock it down if it ever got stolen. Signed up & registered, then when my free trial expired it kept reminding me to purchase, having got fed up with the reminders I went to the market to uninstall the app.

This is where my problems began - as soon as I tried to uninstall it locked my phone down immediately. Do Not Pass Go, with out any warning.

So the next step is to enter your pin, which I can't remember, so I go to the pin reminder part of the website... They cannot email me my pin as they don't have an email address. Well they wouldn't would they? AS THEY DIDN"T ASK FOR ONE DURING REGISTRATION.

So the next step is to text a temporary pin to my trusted numbers... tried this also - nothing comes through... odd I thought, then I looked at the numbers again, & being in the UK when it's added the numbers it's kept the zero at the start of the so the numbers I presume it's trying to text is 44 0 7..... instead of 44 7 so I won't get the text.

Next step is to email - 24hrs later still NO RESPONSE. So my new phone is currently a very expensive paper weight.

Any one got any ideas or able to help me at all!?

cant u press menu....forgot pin....then u just enter ur gmail username and password...then done?

if not i think the only way is a hard reset

No if I hit the forgot pin it gives me an option to send a temporary pin to my buddies, which they won't receive because of the problem with the phone code.

Also when I was setting up the software it didn't give me the option to enter my gmail details..... grrrr....

Upvote 0
I am wondering about this too.

I installed it to try it out, and I decided I don't want it, but I am totally afraid to uninstall it... I don't want to get locked out either! but every time I charge my phone I get a taskbar message from it which is really annoying.

I know it will lock the phone if an unauthorized user tries to uninstall it... but how the hell do I uninstall it? :eek:

Upvote 0
I installed the new base band update via Rom Manager and everything worked fine and booted up into CW/restarted then BAM locked out from Wave Secure (I completely forgot I even had it on my phone)...I installed this during their free lifetime promotion and I have no idea what my pin is. I had it text my friend but he says it still hasn't come through. It has been a couple of hours. Is there a way to get around this BS?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones