• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

We have a gyroscope!

xyourxhighnessx

Android Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2015
I ran a benchmark with antutu (scored 46k ish) and noticed we have a gyroscope when browsing the info section.

I downloaded the Google camera app. Photosphere works flawlessly.

Tried VR and sure enough head tracking worked but now where the hell can we find a cardboard to fit this 6inch phone?

Or will I be forced to make my own? Anyone know where to get lenses for it if we need to go the DIY route

I ran a benchmark with antutu (scored 46k ish) and noticed we have a gyroscope when browsing the info section.

I downloaded the Google camera app. Photosphere works flawlessly.

Tried VR and sure enough head tracking worked but now where the hell can we find a cardboard to fit this 6inch phone?

Or will I be forced to make my own? Anyone know where to get lenses for it if we need to go the DIY route

Wow... I have not tested this, but this will be good news for the gazillions of Pokemon Go players. Haha. It has been widely reported that the phone DOESN'T have a gyro... so this is good news if it is so. Thanks for testing it!

Upvote 0
Wow... I have not tested this, but this will be good news for the gazillions of Pokemon Go players. Haha. It has been widely reported that the phone DOESN'T have a gyro... so this is good news if it is so. Thanks for testing it!

BMI 160 gyroscope
Zmax Pro

Attachments

• 1470255431176.jpg
    1470255431176.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 390
Upvote 0
So far;

Reviewers said the phone didn't have a Gyroscope.

* it looks like it does!

Reviewers said the phone didn't have VoLTE.

* it has VoLTE

Reviewers said that it didn't have Quick Charging.

* We're still trying to figure this out, but it may actually support Quick Charge 3.0 with the correct adaptor.

So far... things are looking good :)

Reactions: mussio
Upvote 0
We know for a fact it has Quick Charging 1.0 at the very least. Check out the specs on the MetroPCS site.

Yes, that's correct. At least Quick Charge 1.0.

Also, there's info going around that the phone doesn't have an ambient light sensor, but after running an app to check the sensors on the phone (to confirm the Gyroscope) it looks like the Liteon LTR55X ALSPRX sensor is a combined proximity and ambient light sensor. The ALS stands for Ambient Light Sensor.

So... we have the Ambient Light Sensor Too.

Upvote 0
Here's a comparison of the Gyroscope at work when viewing a 360 movie on YouTube. Compared to the LG G STYLO 2 PLUS, which apparently doesn't have a gyroscope. That's something to consider when choosing between those phones, if you're interested in Pokemon Go in AR mode and VR apps and other such uses. The ZMAX PRO is the superior phone when it comes to sensors....

Reactions: PSYB0RG
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones