• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Weak signal since flashing cognition 2.2

I am still learning all the ins and outs of Android, but a reception problem with both 2.1 and 2.2 is likely a hardware defect.

A question though: How did you flash back to 2.1? I feel like my phone is slower since i flashed to 2.2, and I preferred my phone being super fast on 2.1 with OCLF (the quadrant scores were past 2000 - right now, i only get 100 pts more than the Galaxy S standard).

Another problem with 2.2 I noticed was that the notification bar doesn't clear when I hit Clear, or Kill tasks.

Upvote 0
Always good to start by checking the Captivate FAQ:

Resetting/Restoring - CapFAQ

Yeah, I've used all those methods to restore the old settings, but it must be the leftover crap that's causing problems for me. Or maybe it's just a hardware problem?

Edit: Okay, it would be more accurate to say that I get no signal at all. I've tried formatting my internal sd card but that didn't help.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I've used all those methods to restore the old settings, but it must be the leftover crap that's causing problems for me. Or maybe it's just a hardware problem?

Edit: Okay, it would be more accurate to say that I get no signal at all. I've tried formatting my internal sd card but that didn't help.

Some questions for you:

1. How long did you have 2.2 Froyo and how long since you flashed back to 2.1?
2. Have you tried a battery pull while the phone is on (but no apps running)? I know that this is a highly recommended way to "reset" a blackberry when it starts acting like a crackberry! Not sure if it would work on an Android phone but it can't hurt to try.
3. What network are you on? 3G, Edge?

JoeMap

Upvote 0
bump

I realized that I get good signal in VERY few places, but places I don't normally go to that often. Anyway, I used to get around 3 bars when I was at home but now I get 0 to 1. I'm not even sure if I can still return my phone so... if anyone has any idea just what is wrong with my phone...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones