• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Weather app not working

Same here. Fixed now.
For me, the weather app and the small clock with location have been showing "current location" for several weeks. Once in a while it would update with the actual city when I went into a larger city, but it was very rare. I reset the phone, updated to v2.29 firmware, and it still didn't work right. I started to give up and just ignored it, but it started working again late last night showing my home area, it updated when I went out this morning, and it's showing a third city now. I read somewhere that it's an issue with the service provider for the location services not working properly, and after a few weeks of it not working, then working fine today, that seems logical.

Hopefully it's been resolved and no more issues with it.
:)

Upvote 0
It does seem that all over global HTC users are having this, both myself and my girlfriend here in the UK both had the issues...and its ALL HTC handsets not just desire..

It seems to be localised to the GPS location server for the weather updates rather than the main weather server, as if you manually find your town it will show correctly (assuming that your town showed correctly in the first place as some arent covered)..

Last night it seemed like it was the "no weather, no animation, but correct town" problem, now im getting it not update my current position of my city but to about 20 miles down the road...which leads me to believe they are having slight issues again and are sorting it out..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones