• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Weather Widgets/ Battery Drain

spew101

Oct 13, 2011
What is the best option for a weather widget that has the least battery drain. Are the Beautiful Widgets ok on battery drain?

I use Weatherbug right now cause it allows me to adjust how often it updates which helps with battery life, but its a very ugly widget. It does provide the most detailed forcast, but not sure if anyone had a suggestion for anything bettery while also not killing battery life.

What is the best option for a weather widget that has the least battery drain. Are the Beautiful Widgets ok on battery drain?

I use Weatherbug right now cause it allows me to adjust how often it updates which helps with battery life, but its a very ugly widget. It does provide the most detailed forcast, but not sure if anyone had a suggestion for anything bettery while also not killing battery life.

I use beautiful widgets, it's the best weather widget imo. You can also adjust how often it updates, I have it set for every hour. It's a must for have for me and it really adds to the look of the phone. It doesn't seem to have much affect on the battery as far as I've noticed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones