• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Weird intermittent screen blanking (multiple devices)

BewareWolf

Lurker
Aug 4, 2019
This issue began for me or became noticeable to me over the past few days. what happens is regardless of what I'm doing the screen will go black for anywhere from 1 to 5 seconds. sometimes it's very brief but the blank interval seems to be getting even longer on the long blanks over time. I'm running the latest stock firmware that the network offers .. its an LG k8 last year's model but I have also noticed the same issue with and older aldi branded Bauhn tablet which I think is also running some form of the Android version 6 software. I did try and Google this but I did not really see anything quite that the symptoms of getting and it's. It doesn't seem to matter what apps are using or what I'm doing at the time. Its not making my devices unusable but it is irritating a.f.! It has done it three times since i started writing this post... Make that FIVE.
Anyone else notice this? Am I missing something fundamental?
cheers

P.s. first time poster, sorry if theres already been a post or discussion thread dealing with this.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones