• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Weird problems w screen and bluetooth

djelton

Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
So I bought the X10 Mini Pro, first it was with Android 1.6 and it crashed a lot, screen sensitivity died etc. Then i almost immediately updated to 2.1, it was faster, but some of the problems remained. First of all, my screen touch just died for a few minutes, you could see the screen, navigate w physical buttons, but the touchscreen didn't respond, I couldn't even switch the phone off, because for that you need the screen, so I waited for a few minutes and it started working again. It happeneed rarely and now, 6 days after purchase there are almost none at all. Then the second problem was that the screen was doing what it wants. Imagine if you raise your computer mouse a little to the air, it begins to shake and move about. Same did my screen and sometimes it didn't even need my touch for the initiative. I tried to draw with an drawing app, and i saw that all the areas of the phone were clear except the top few millimeters which were uncontrollable and did what they wanted.

Few days ago I also purchased an SE headset HBH-IV835, connected it and called with it. The voice dreadful, horrible, but the other side heard me crystal clear. I tried the same headset with different phones and it worked, so it must be something with the phone.

I would like to know that is there a fix or is it more reasonable to contact my warranty? I don't really like the warranty thing, because it's an 6 days old phone and I don't want it to be in the repair shop for atlast 2 weeks:S

Also, is it possible to root the phone, delete some unnecessary apps and then unroot it or deroot it or something to keep the warranty?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones