• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Weird stuff at HTC support site...new update coming?

So I've been trying to download the latest Sync for HTC, so I can wipe my phone back to stock (currently running Joey Krim's HTC ROM), and at first the download was insanely slow, like dial-up speeds, I rebooted my pc and went back, and now the link to download Sync is completely gone.

Is it possible that a new Sync application is being released, along with an updated Sense ROM? Has anyone heard anything?

**update**
Nope, they've just release Sync 3.55 for all HTC phones. EVO is found under the NAM section:
http://www.htc.com/www/SupportViewNews.aspx?dl_id=1076&news_id=855

Why bother? It is not a true 2 way sync, your contacts won't upload from the phone to pc so it is useless, unless there is something new to this update but I did not see anything to that effect.

I have relinquished myself to the fact that I have to use Google to keep my contacts synced and at this point I wouldn't change unless Microsoft actually releases Outlook for Android.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones