• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Weird texts/ What's wrong with my phone?

kelliloveee

Lurker
Jan 14, 2016
So I have a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime. When people text me, sometimes the way their texts come in look all creepy and like they are in some other language. It cuts off most of the beginning of the text and replaces it with weird letters/symbols (not sure what to call it) and only leaves a few words at the end. I attached a photo. I hate asking people to resend their texts or reword it, especially when it comes to my employers.

This is not the first time it happened. The very first time was a few years ago when I had the Samsung Galaxy S2. It did it occasionally, but not that often. Then I bought my first phone and it was the LG Optimus L90, and it did it more often. Now with my new phone, even with a new number, it does it EVEN MORE. The past few days it has been every 15-20 texts or so. At first it was just my boyfriend's texts that would look like that, but now my employers, friends, and even family. Also, they all have different carriers than me.

It was suggested that it could be my carrier, T-mobile. But the person who told me that just guessed, so I am not sure. If you have any idea how to fix this, can you write it step-by-step and I will try it?

So far getting a new phone and new number hasn't solved the problem. Also, it is not emoji's. The exchanges between the people who texted me and myself all have androids, so it is not a conflict with the new Apple emojis. I came here because my phone is not very popular, so there isn't a lot of forums anywhere online (that I can find) with this problem or how to fix it.

Thanks in advance for the help! xo

Attachments

• 2016-01-14_13.05.29.jpg
    2016-01-14_13.05.29.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 65

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones