• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WELCOME To The FLEXITORIUM!

The difference between the 1080 and 720 display is negligible, it's simply impossible to see the pixels without a magnifier even on the 6" screen. What people have been seeing and thinking is pixelization is actually the odd surface texture of the plastic substrate of the OLED emitter itself. The actual pixels are sharp as a tack, just like Samsung's, but you can see as you move things around the screen that the texture remains stationary. Once you get used to it you don't see it any more, but when you come to the G-Flex from another phone the difference stands out a bit. The "ghost images" you see are not actually ghosts, but simply phosphors which don't discharge immediately. HD screens from Samsung and others do the same to one extent or another.

Having said that, I'm extremely happy with the phone! The fluidity of the screen animations, etc., is superior to other phones I've used including the Note 3 and the S4. The phone has all the same bells and whistles (except the pen) as the Note 3, and the curved shape is a great conversation starter as well as being more comfortable to use. The phone still fits in the leg pocket of my carpenter jeans, or my shirt pocket, no problems. I'm a guy with fairly large hands, so I can even use the phone one handed. I can see where a woman with smaller hands might not want this phone, but for me it's just taken the place of both my old Samsung phone and my Nexus 7 tablet. I love it!

Reactions: wase4711 and KOLIO
Upvote 0
Selling my G-FLEX (GREAT PHONE,just need to pare down a bit).

Anyway,to broaden the net as far as potential buyers,I SIM unlocked it & pleased to report that the T-MOBILE variant works on AT&T 100% (Phone/SMS-MMS/Data),including AT&T's LTE Network.

I GOOGLED SIM UNLOCK T-MOBILE G-FLEX & came across the following post @ XDA-DEVELOPERS,w/the following instructions:

[Q] How to unlock Tmobile LG G FLEX? - Post #9 - XDA Forum

1) Insert the new SIM Card

2) Open DIAL PAD, type 2945#*959# then go to OPTION #2, which is Service provider lock, enter your code, reboot the phone, it should work.

SIM Unlock codes can easily be found,lotsa sites out there provide codes for less than a cup of coffee @STARBUCKS.

Just wanted to provide the dialer instructions for doing so.

Once unlocked,navigate to the APN settings

SETTINGS > WIRELESS NETWORKS > TETHERING & NETWORKS > NETWORK > MOBILE NETWORKS > Access point names > MENU (icon at bottom of screen) > New APN & enter the following:

As for the AT&T APN Settings:

NAME: ATT Phone
APN: phone
MMSC: http(colon)//mmsc.mobile.att(dot)net <<<<{use actual colon : & dot . in place of the (colon) & (dot)}
MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att[dot]net {Same here,use a dot . instead of [dot] }
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
APN type: default,mms,supl,hipri

Any field not listed,leave blank.

However,the last field:
APN PROTOCOL
I did select IPv4/IPv6

Once completed,back out & tap the ATT PHONE selection to enable & the blue dot should illuminate.

Back out until at home screen,reboot device & presto,you're now SIM Unlocked & running on AT&T LTE.

1st potential buyer,lined up for 7/18/14 is on T-MOBILE,2nd buyer is on CRICKET (AT&T's GSM/LTE Network,not the CDMA of old).

Should the latter be the buyer,I'll post what I find as far as APN settings I use to work (if different from the above).

Upvote 0
Hi all. sorry if im bothering anyone here but im a new user and don't know where to go to solve an issue with my phone. I had made a thread but to tell you the truth I never been on one of these b4 so I don't really know how to go about getting a lil help through forums. is it ok if I post my issue? I kow this is more a of a discussion thread but never hurts to ask. =)

Any help would be greatly appreciated
BTW I have an LG FLEX LS995

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones