• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Well moved on to next phone...

Looks like I'll be changing phones myself.

After a good hour and 1/2 trying to restore my F3 to no avail, I'm looking at the LG Tribute. For $80, it has reasonable specs. It has the same OS and processor as my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4! (But not as much memory, heh...) I also have to get a SD card for it... maybe all the overheating fried the F3 AND the SD card. Can't format the card at all, not even on my laptop in Ubuntu Studio. I can't even get the thing to go into download mode for unbricking. By that point, I knew that it may not be worth fussing over anymore. In the meantime, I've pulled my older Kyocera Event for daily use until I can get the Tribute (or one of the other phones in VM's lineup).

If I can put enough of the apps I need/want on the Tribute, like my Tab 4, I may not be inclined to run it rooted. I love rooting, but IMHO with the improvements that Google's made to Kit Kat, and possibly Lollipop, it seems to be less necessary for most folks to even consider rooting anymore...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones