• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Went from a Droid1 to MT4G...

Should we...

• Keep the MT4G's for the better hardware and just root it if rooting is available? (gamble)

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Get them to give us the G2's and a refund?

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Break the contract and order from amazon wireless?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do nothing?

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
A little backstory...we traded our phones Droid1, Droid Eris and 2 BB storm 2's to T-Mobile for what was supposed to be 4 G2's. Well they were out of G2's and couldn't say when they would be back in stock so we got stuck with the MT4G, Which let me just say the hardware on it is great. On top of that they charged us $250 for each phone not $200. They also broke the original contract of us getting G2's. We are also still under the 14 day thing.

This was all done at a mall key osk btw. (no idea how to spell keyosk :p)

So here it is, I can not stand this phone. Yea the hardware is great but they completely trashed the android OS experience (in my opinion). So now I see that amazon wireless has the MT4G's on sale for $80 and they have the G2's for $130.

Does the G2 come with WiFi calling? because that is the main thing we are gonna need since we are gonna be moving out to the boonies soon.

EDIT: made the poll

What's wrong with the 4G? It should have Wifi calling (if not, in the near future with an update). It runs Espresso (modified Sense UI) 2.2 if you're wondering why it isn't stock, 768 MB RAM, FFC, quick boot, etc. Personally, if I didn't really love my Nexus One, it would be the phone I got (or the Defy, but I'd have to root that baby.)

Upvote 0
i choose Get them to give us the G2's and a refund?
smile.gif

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones