• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Westboro Baptist Church and other Radicals: Enough is enough?

So, you believe that they should have the freedom to infringe on the family's right to grieve in peace at the funeral?
this is incorrect; they are in a public place and have since subjected themselves to public speech. They have no expectation of privacy in the public sphere.
No one has a right to infringe on the rights of others.
correct, but you just made up that first one...
No one is censoring their speech.
not yet, but you want to.
No one is forbidding their thoughts.
not yet.
No one is denying their freedom.
not yet.
We are simply saying that there are OTHER rights at play that may supercede this right in THIS situation.
maybe if the situation was different, but you're wrong, see #1 above.

i want you to understand this, i'm not saying what they're doing isn't evil and deplorable, but they have a right to do it. Until the supreme court holds that public funerals are in fact private like inside your home then you're wrong.

what you are in fact promoting is infringing on their public assembly and free speech rights, which as you pointed out above is not really acceptable.

Upvote 0
this is incorrect; they are in a public place and have since subjected themselves to public speech. They have no expectation of privacy in the public sphere.

Besides the fact that the courts have so far disagreed with you, they weren't in a public space. They were in a private space. Cemeteries are not public property.

not yet, but you want to.

Is preventing someone from yelling fire in a crowded street censoring their speech?

maybe if the situation was different, but you're wrong, see #1 above.

If this is what you base your opinion on, then maybe reading my response to #1 will clear this up for you.

Upvote 0
I'm arguing with the broad brush you're using. Again:

You're painting an entire subculture based on the actions of a small segment. Let's change that a bit...

Might not scan quite as well, but it amounts to the same damn thing.

You have issue with a certain segment of the MC world. It's not a difficult segment to avoid: generally speaking, they leave you alone if you leave them alone...
What is your deal? Why are you defending criminal groups you claim to not be a part of? That makes no sense.

As I've said multiple times on this thread, I PERSONALLY have never had any issues with biker gangs because I avoid trouble. You are dense.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones