• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What apps are these notifications for?

sara1977t

Lurker
Jun 24, 2022
Help! Any advice what apps these notifications are for? Or why there are so many of the second one. I feel I know but not 100% sure.
0FC16CB7-5529-43B1-89C1-4BBD8A6B518C.jpeg

I don't recognise either, which isn't surprising as there are literally millions of apps out there. But the first has a calculator feel, the second feels more like a game.

(At least this makes a change from "is this a dating app?", unless you are worried about niche dating apps for accountants or robots ;))

Upvote 0
I don't recognise either, which isn't surprising as there are literally millions of apps out there. But the first has a calculator feel, the second feels more like a game.

(At least this makes a change from "is this a dating app?", unless you are worried about niche dating apps for accountants or robots ;))
I was feeling the whole calculator thing too, but why a notification from a calculator…lol‍♀️
Second one being a game maybe but Im unsure at this point. Don’t play games at all. Unless it’s one of those games for accountants

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
I was feeling the whole calculator thing too, but why a notification from a calculator…lol‍♀️
Well a % sign could be a gambling app, but the last thing those people generally want is anything that might make their marks think about the odds ;)
A notification from a calculator is odd, but I've seen some pretty pointless notifications in my time so won't rule anything out.
Second one being a game maybe but Im unsure at this point. Don’t play games at all. Unless it’s one of those games for accountants
If they are on your phone you can just pull down the notification slide and see what apps produced them.
Normally when people ask these questions it's about notifications on other people's phones, so I didn't think of suggesting that.

Reactions: AugieTN and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Well a % sign could be a gambling app, but the last thing those people generally want is anything that might make their marks think about the odds ;)
A notification from a calculator is odd, but I've seen some pretty pointless notifications in my time so won't rule anything out.

If they are on your phone you can just pull down the notification slide and see what apps produced them.
Normally when people ask these questions it's about notifications on other people's phones, so I didn't think of suggesting tha

Normally when people ask these questions it's about notifications on other people's phones, so I didn't think of suggesting that.
yes Hadron it is on another’s phone and seem suspicious to me. No access to the notification pull down. ‍♀️

Upvote 0
yes Hadron it is on another’s phone and seem suspicious to me. No access to the notification pull down. ‍♀️
we get this kind of question almost on a daily basis. you will most likely guesses from us. there are just too many apps out there to know what app it is just by the notification icon alone.....unless it is something popular like facebook or youtube.

those icons do not look like dating apps or anything like that.

what makes you suspicious of those icons?

Upvote 0
we get this kind of question almost on a daily basis. you will most likely guesses from us. there are just too many apps out there to know what app it is just by the notification icon alone.....unless it is something popular like facebook or youtube.

those icons do not look like dating apps or anything like that.

what makes you suspicious of those icons?
Yes you are right and I get it. Just wanted to get other people’s take on them. Thanks!
My suspicions of these icons are a story for another day or two lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones