• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What are Must-Freeze Apps

Elevener

Jan 4, 2012
I've seen brianmaedche's thread, but some of those apps listed are apps that I would consider Must-Keeps, or at least upon first looking, some seems like Must-Keeps...Email 1.1, Sync Service, Voicemail 1.2...

Is there a list of bloatware apps that I can freeze and still end up with a fully functional phone with voicemail, gps, email, navigation, etc etc? You know all the good stuff you want in a phone without the crap that you never use like preinstalled games.

Or, am I missing the obvious and brianmaedches's list *is* all bloatware?

I've seen brianmaedche's thread, but some of those apps listed are apps that I would consider Must-Keeps, or at least upon first looking, some seems like Must-Keeps...Email 1.1, Sync Service, Voicemail 1.2...

Is there a list of bloatware apps that I can freeze and still end up with a fully functional phone with voicemail, gps, email, navigation, etc etc? You know all the good stuff you want in a phone without the crap that you never use like preinstalled games.

Or, am I missing the obvious and brianmaedches's list *is* all bloatware?

lol alot of the stuff on my list is bloatware. those must keep apps you are talking about are just ones that can be removed safely with out affecting your phone. the Email 1.1 i dont use because i only use my gmail acct. sync service is for backup assistant which i dont use either all my contacts are synced through gmail, voicemail 1.2 is visual voicemail. any more questions on apps just ask. someone on here will be able to answer:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones