• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What are these icons

Anyone tell me what these icons are?
23781B8E-A8C7-47B2-87E2-4A43D00788C2.jpeg
0F707AEC-5C13-4841-A8E1-6C5366C073AE.jpeg

just look in the phone's notifications. but something tells me this is not your phone.

we get this question almost on a daily basis. the problem is that there are millions of apps out each with their own icons. so unless it is something popular like facebook or youtube, you will only get a guess from us....but...you might get lucky.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
If you are paranoid about the circled heart (apologies if this is stereotyping but most of these queries are from people with relationship insecurities) that's the "digital wellbeing" icon, something that's baked into almost all modern Android devices, and nothing at all to do with dating apps.

One of the others is a standard "navigation is active" icon. The dot means "there are more notifications than fit on here", which means that whoever's phone this is doesn't bother closing notifications.

Upvote 0
If he doesn't reply back then most likely it wasn't his phone.

But oddly enough, it seems like the pics were screenshots, rather that pics taken with another cell.
Yup it’s my girlfriends. Not really worried about dating apps. Bow tie I think might be favor, the heart one I’m worried if she’s having health issues again. Ladder one just curious.
Hadron is correct. The one I named "broken circled heart" is the Digital Wellbeing and it is part of Android. The "ladder".. stairway to heaven? :)

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Yup it’s my girlfriends. Not really worried about dating apps. Bow tie I think might be favor, the heart one I’m worried if she’s having health issues again. Ladder one just curious.
Heart icons are common in fitness apps, but having one of those installed doesn't mean someone has a problem.

But "digital wellbeing" is about stuff like warning about excessive screen time. It's not about your health at all.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones