• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What are your MOST used WIDGETS?

Not really because they are icon and use much less resources, widget use much more, I just don't use it as I like mu screens clean and if I want an app it is easy to hit the app button, LOL, a friend of mine send me a pic of her home screen and it had like 30 icons on it, too cluttered for me

wouldn't this app use up a lot of ram considering it's taking up literally all the home screen spaces??

Upvote 0
Not really because they are icon and use much less resources, widget use much more, I just don't use it as I like mu screens clean and if I want an app it is easy to hit the app button, LOL, a friend of mine send me a pic of her home screen and it had like 30 icons on it, too cluttered for me

hmm..i have 11 widgets but i'm using 3 screens only..do you think that could be the fact on why i'm lagging? i mean 11 widgets can't be that bad on just 3 screens?? or would adding more screens with the same amount of widgets give me better ram performance?

Upvote 0
hmm..i have 11 widgets but i'm using 3 screens only..do you think that could be the fact on why i'm lagging? i mean 11 widgets can't be that bad on just 3 screens?? or would adding more screens with the same amount of widgets give me better ram performance?

I have 10 on 6 & only lag I have is dailer lag once in a blue & sometimes when I pause my music it takes about 30 seconds to register. I say spread em out & see what happens.

Upvote 0
I have 10 on 6 & only lag I have is dailer lag once in a blue & sometimes when I pause my music it takes about 30 seconds to register. I say spread em out & see what happens.

i have the same lag issues with my music and the dialer..not gon even get started on that..

is the rom causing this, or the widgets?! ahhahhahaha

Upvote 0
More Widgets more resources, but the Hero has a dialer lag issue to start with, but I am using 3 screens only and have only 3 widgets running, that is it, and keep most of my icons in the dock station on three screens, and have limited dial lag, I also get one in a blue moon now, I also make a point to reboot the phone every morning to clear up the rams usage

Upvote 0
More Widgets more resources, but the Hero has a dialer lag issue to start with, but I am using 3 screens only and have only 3 widgets running, that is it, and keep most of my icons in the dock station on three screens, and have limited dial lag, I also get one in a blue moon now, I also make a point to reboot the phone every morning to clear up the rams usage
To pick up on what Don said about rebooting, I don't reboot every morning but I do shut it down every night before I go to sleep like I do my laptop. Figured my phone is basically a mini computer, might as well maintain it like one. Main reason I do it is cause I do have so many widgets running. Helped with lag a lot.

Upvote 0
To pick up on what Don said about rebooting, I don't reboot every morning but I do shut it down every night before I go to sleep like I do my laptop. Figured my phone is basically a mini computer, might as well maintain it like one. Main reason I do it is cause I do have so many widgets running. Helped with lag a lot.

To continue on and on this thread....I Will shut down and reboot when I notice a lag...about once a week....Not a big deal...Running 5 screens and 4 Widgits on LP.....

Upvote 0
Not mentioned (even though similars were), I use Color Note all the time. I never have enough time in the day and use the checklist to to help me keep track of ish I have to do, who owes me money and jobs I have to work on.

Also smooth calendar and pure grid calendar reminds me of important dates!!!

Handcent SMS might have not been mentioned either, but thats a no brainer.

Upvote 0
currently using:
Beautiful Widegets Clock
Power bar
Vlingo
Music Mod
LP Plus Calendar
LP Plus Facebook
Currently not running the OC widget, but ive toyed with that a bit

The big kicker to add, is with all these widgets, runs as smooth as it did with just the clock

Running CM6, obviously with LauncherPro Plus
On that topic, my dock bar is Dialer One, GMail, Handcent, Dolphin HD

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones