• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

what can I use the zenethink zt180 for

aussiepaul

Lurker
Sep 13, 2010
besides using it as a mirror

after using it for a week very dissapointed
to hard to handle to hard to try upgrade rom
upgrade to get some programs running on this think
video don't work atleast not the once I want to see
from a website which has programs off my home country
overal a thing to throw in the bin

why can't you simple insert a usb with firmware hit the button and voila upgrade the firmware same for being able to download and install *.apk
I haven't succeeded in even one program

just to hard to use maybe if you need to be online webbrowsing when you sit on the toilet

Welcome to the Android Forum!

I can definitely understand what you are saying here... that said I'm not totally sure that I agree with all that you said. Yes upgrading is not simple and straightforward on an Android tablet. It's also not straightforward on Micro$oft Windows either. If installing an update were simply a matter of connecting a USB key and hitting a button, these tablets would need some decent checks and balances to insure that we weren't constantly installing updates every time we inserted a well used USB key into the USB port.

The ZT-180 you currently have is part of the current crop of Chinese tablets that have made an early appearence in the tablet market. Over the next few months we'll start to see the mainstream tablets start showing up. I suspect you'll find these tablets to be more stable and reliable. I also believe they'll have better firmware support.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones