• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What company do you wish would make an Android Phone

OH how could I forget this. I want cowon to make an android phone!!! I've loved their PMPs a lot. Their organization for their music is great, and sound quality is amazing! I'd love anything android from cowon, be it a PMP or a phone. =]

of course!
Though according to this thread, some people have made the SGS their cowon replacement...
Improving audio quality by disabling the default EQ applied with headphone - xda-developers
As you see in the thread, Samsung has the capability but messed up on the software side...

Upvote 0
Well the EQ on cowon was one thing I loved (also speeding up playback speed was awesome for music, and helpful for videos when i'm watching my videos in 1.5x). I also just liked the navigation of the music "app" on the cowon d2. It was simple, skinable, and most importantly I could pick a different song by browsing the directories and it would still random to a song of a different directory. The SGS is a nice device but if cowon came out with a phone I would expect the quality of the audio side of things to be amazing.

(I'm waiting to test the sgs music app on my nexus one when someone ports it over, it looks decent and I hate pretty much all music players i've come across on android - sadly, they suck.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones