• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What Does Your Epic 4G Screen Look Like?

Not without rooting and installing a AOSP (?) rom over it. From what I understand about Touchwiz, lots of the little things behind the scenes still run nicely when you're using Launcher Pro instead of the Touch wiz launcher.

I could be wrong but something about swiping one way on a contact's name will send a message and swiping the other way will call them, as well as swiping the notification bar to control brightness. If I'm wrong disregard but if I'm right I don't see a need to completely get rid of Touchwiz when you're getting the best of both worlds.

The functions that you are talking about can still be used with Launcher Pro running. Like the swype to message and call. That is in the contacts part and Launcher Pro just messes with the Home screens and app tray nothing more. Your shortcuts to the toggle stuff when you pull down the notification bar will still be there.

I get what you are saying though.

Upvote 0
I don't feel like taking screenshots and uploading them. My Epic has the same setup as my EVO:

evoTheme2.jpg

Obviously the status bar is the Epic status bar instead.

Using Launcher Pro. Clock is "digital clock widget" by maize.

Where'd you get the dock from? That is pretty neat.

Upvote 0
I am very minimalistic. The Epic 4g does such amazing black that even the smallest amount of color stands out vividly atop of it. I wish there was a clock widget that also includes a battery and network indicator so then I my home screen would be perfect.

It doesn't translate as well in picture, but it's very soothing to have a completely dark background with slow moving pixels streaming across.

snap20100903_150506.png

Which weather widget is that? Very nice setup!

Upvote 0
It's actually pretty easy. Just go to the site on your phone, find the dock that you like and then click and hold, hit save, and then set it in your LP preferences.

Thanks again. I got it!

All I need to do is figure out how to get images to show properly for icons on the dock. They always show up in a box form and not what I saved it as.

Upvote 0
It's a dock background, I got it from Here

Thanks for the link....I love that you can change those icons at the bottom. I knew I'd be able to add the HTC style clock and weather widget but wasn't sure about the bottom.

I've really been on the fence about which phone to get when my AT&T contract is up at the beginning of Nov. Knowing I can really customize the Epic is beginning to seal the deal.

If I could just get the Kangerade Pink Life theme that they did for the Droid on the Epic.....I'd be super happy! :D

Upvote 0
Thanks again. I got it!

All I need to do is figure out how to get images to show properly for icons on the dock. They always show up in a box form and not what I saved it as.

You can find icon packs, but you have to make sure that it's saved as a png with a transparent background. You can find some on google like that but unless its in a icon pack usually you have to adjust it in photoshop.

Upvote 0
You can find icon packs, but you have to make sure that it's saved as a png with a transparent background. You can find some on google like that but unless its in a icon pack usually you have to adjust it in photoshop.

Yea I kind of figured but I was hoping I could come across some very good ones. I don't like to much stuff on my laptop so I don't like downloading everything to get this and that.

I was hoping to get some talk bubbles as my icons like the screen shot above us. That is really simple and neat. I wouldn't do it exactly like that but those icons are what I want. Everything I google is not working out to my liking. I'll search harder though.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Beautiful Widget with blackcashmere clock skin and Boca weather skin.

No wonder I didn't find it, I've been trying to stay within all the free stuff. I was so annoyed with BlackBerry because anything that was half decent you had to pay for. There is so much good freebies on Android I feel like a kid in the proverbial candy store.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones