1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support What happened to the HTC PDF Viewer?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by StaggerLee, Nov 15, 2010.

1. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    Male
    CA
    What happened to the native HTC PDF Viewer? I noticed today that PDF Viewer is no longer on my incredible. Now, Adobe Reader opens up my PDFs. Adobe Reader sucks! It's so slow and laggy that I can't use it. PDF Viewer was so much smoother and faster when viewing/zooming PDFs. Does anyone know where it went? Can I get it back?

Advertisement

2. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Twin Cities
    Uninstall Adobe Reader.

3. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    Male
    CA
    I tried. I can only uninstall the updates but not the factory version of Adobe Reader. I'm not rooted.

Was this changed with the Froyo update? I only started noticing a difference since last weeks update.

Also, even if I could uninstall Adobe Reader, my native PDF Viewer application is no longer on the phone and I can't find an apk anywhere.

4. Jim Chapman

Jim Chapman Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Male
    Software engineer (retired)
    California, USA
    The deed seems to have been done by the Nov. OTA. I agree it sucks.

5. txrxio

txrxio Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2010
    Engineer
    I had it on Froyo last week. Now it has vanished, must have been the update at the weekend.

6. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Twin Cities
    I see now, ya Adobe Reader blows!

7. coolbone

coolbone Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Musician
    Philadelphia
    It is a $1 but ezPDF reader is the best out of all that I've found. I agree that the HTC pdf viewer was awesome, but I jumped that gate a long time ago when I rooted with an AOSP rom.

8. Locoman

Locoman Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Locomotice Engineer
    Kansas
    I use Repligo. It's better than Beam Reader IMO. I haven't tried EzPdf. I use and need a PDF reader on my phone. Repligo loads fast and has zoom and most importantly a reading view. I believe it costs $3.99 but if you really need a good PDF reader than it is worth it. It also has a 10 day trial period so you can try it out. Beam reader also has a trial period so try them both out.

EarlyMon likes this.
  9. coolbone

coolbone Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Musician
    Philadelphia
    I just tried the Repligo trial and was amazed by how fast everything loads! I use my Incredible often to read music scores while I'm sitting in orchestra, so I really do need quick page turns. I'm going to use the trial to it's fullest and see if I get annoyed with anything. +1 for Repligo

EarlyMon likes this.