• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

what i like about 2.1 on the eris

dwcasey

Dec 7, 2009
The new home screen selector ( press home while on the main screen )
The calendar app, I like the busy/free time view for the month
- The calendar agenda widget ( very nice! ) you can scroll like the twitter app
Navigation - Awesome! When I got to my destination, it automatically switched to street view and showed my house, too cool.
updated Market
Everything seems more responsive,snappy
they changed the vibe-touch to react differently to different touches
gmail update
browser update - navigate with the diff views of pages visited.
android power control widget
desk clock

And now i have access to Gesture Search to play around with.

And, the killer is that it seems like it's automatically managing apps similar to what a task killer would do. Either that or when you exit all the way out of apps on 2.1, some actually leave memory. Not confirmed. Gonna let it ride for a week or so without any task killers.

edit: and the camera app has improved. lots of options.

I use dxTop so the Sense upgrades don't do much for me...

I do like the auto-closing of folders when I launch an app from them - I hated having to close them manually...

I also like the new settings bar showing wifi/gps/etc. Again - Sense had the nice widgets but now I have something just as nice looking in dxTop.

The new market is a nice improvement, but they are missing "starred" apps that I want to keep an eye on but not immediately download.

I'm sure I'll find more to like as I go along...

Upvote 0
I use dxTop so the Sense upgrades don't do much for me...

I do like the auto-closing of folders when I launch an app from them - I hated having to close them manually...

I also like the new settings bar showing wifi/gps/etc. Again - Sense had the nice widgets but now I have something just as nice looking in dxTop.

The new market is a nice improvement, but they are missing "starred" apps that I want to keep an eye on but not immediately download.

I'm sure I'll find more to like as I go along...

so no FC's with dxtop ...... i was having a big problem with this on 1.5 and have not tried it again since i did the update....even though i have the paid version

Upvote 0
Is that an option? I actually like that feature, since those keys don't seem to register 100% of the time when I press them...

It's actually not the button's fault. It's Android fault for not acknowledging the press and sending the vibrate command. It's like clicking your mouse in windows when the hour glass is spinning and Windows doesn't acknowledge it because it's too busy doing other stuff. Hopefully in 2.1, because everyone is saying it's faster and more responsive than 1.5, you won't notice this issue as often.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones