1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General What is OTA?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pastorjosh, Sep 6, 2011.

1. pastorjosh

pastorjosh Member

Sep 1, 2011
    I see a lot of post talking about OTA. What exactly is it? Does it have something to do with software? If so how do I know if I am running the latest version? Thanks

Advertisement

2. SpikedRed

SpikedRed Active Member

Aug 24, 2011
    OTA stands for O.ver T.he A.ir and yes, it does have to do with software. Sometimes when you have a smartphone, like a Thunderbolt, there are updates to your phone which consists of installing software via the OTA.

Here are some terminologies here:

http://androidforums.com/thunderbolt-all-things-root/353591-how-some-root-terminology.html

Please know that these terminologies aren't all applicable towards you as you may or may not be a person who wishes to toy with their phone. It does however, give a lot of information to terminologies that people use on occasion.

As to whether or not you're running the latest version of software you would go to: Menu>Settings>Software update>Check new

Also, on knowing if you are running the current software, if you go to: Menu>Settings>About phone>Software information, under the Software number, it should say: 1.70.605.0

pastorjosh, trapperjohn and scotty85 like this.
  3. markdoc

markdoc Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Male
    Retired Dentist
    New York City, NY, USA
    I'm not arguing, but my software says 2.11.605. How come? I want to learn too.
    Thanks

4. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    TN
    ??? How this applies to a phone I'll never know...

5. kraziejedi

kraziejedi Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Male
    Tech Supprot for a Fruit... lol
    that because ur version is now a year later then when he posted his ver. #