• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root what is the difference between HBOOT .77 and .79?

Anytime you install the .92 Hboot, it is going to overwrite the boot portion of your rom and thus require, at the very least, an advanced restore of the boot portion of the nandroid backup.

Pretty much anytime a phone is getting hotter than normal all of a sudden, it is because some process has gone rogue and is running the processor fast and hard. I doubt the heating up was due to the radio firmware. Did you mean 109F? 109F is not dangerous for the phone, it is designed to go up over 130F. If you meant 109C then, whoa!!!

I am currently running the Redemptive Revolution Rom, 1.8 with the new stock kernel and it is working so well that I've uninstalled setCPU (which doesn't work with this kernel yet anyway).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones