• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is your 3G speed on Virgin?

screenshotgev.png

When it's working this is about the best I get

Upvote 0
Well today was the best day 3G has been behaving for a while. It did not drop once, I turned off the auto sync data in the data settings this morning, dont know if this was the reason, feel free to try and report back.

I got 1.3 mbps earlier today around noon, which is the highest it has ever gotten. It almost feels as if the problem is fixed..
:)

Upvote 0
Hello all,
I am new here. I am a future Vigin mobile customer and LG Optimus V owner. I have read alot of posts on here and still will take the plunge when my contract with other carrier is up. I wanted to ask if anyone on here is around the Toledo Ohio area and if so, what kind of call reception and 3g service do you get. Thanks

Upvote 0
I did a few speed tests this week....

Charleston, South Carolina

Signal at my place where i tested is usualy 75%

First Test (done around 9am): 0.00 Mbps Down, 0.31 Mbps up

Second Test (done next day in the evening around 5pm): 0.00 Mbps Down, 0.33 Mbps up

Third Test (done the day after around lunch time): 0.01 Mbps Down, 0.36
Mbps up

Looks like they are making some amazing progress to their network!!! ;)

Using Wi-fi: 3.32 Mbps Down, 0.36 Mbps up

I am also using the speedtest.net app, how can i post my results on this forum? I find the 0.00 mbps download result to be hilarious!

But hey, you get what you pay for, and tbh getting unlimited text adn data for 35$ is the best deal i think

Upvote 0
To post the Speedtest images, you need to go in to your Speedtest app, tap on results, tap on the one you want an image for and when it opens look up at the top right corner. You'll see a tiny envelope and a tiny trash can. Tap on the envelope and choose where you want it sent (I would choose Gmail... send it to yourself). Then go check your Gmail and there will be a link in there to the image file. Copy the link and then here on the forums use the Insert Image button at the top of the posting window (you see that option from a PC).

If you are posting from your cell phone, do not forget to wrap the image tags around the url link of the image. Opening image tag at the front of the url link, and closing image tag at the end of the url link. It should look like this except without spaces:

COLOR] url to image here [COLOR=RoyalBlue]

97406670.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones