• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What kind of music do you listen to?

Reactions: B2L
Upvote 0
I have been a headbanger since the late 70's/early 80's. Kinda gives you a clue as to my age. As I have gotten older I have opened up to other genre's such as SOME Country, classic rock, and some others.

To name a few of my fav bands I like to listen to are: Freedom Call (Love this band. And great singing Vihzel)), Sonata Arctica, Gamma Ray, Scorpions, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Fates Warning, Ronnie James Dio (R.I.P), and so many more. Never been much into grunge, thrash metal, or the death bands.

Vihzel there are some really good singers in metal. You just have to listen to the right bands. I always have preferred bands with guys that have a talent for singing. And good lead guitar work (R.I.P Randy Rhoads). Just my preference.

Upvote 0
Well there are a few musical genres I listen to. Female vocals are preferred in most cases but male voices are not excluded. Any language is fine. If not understood, the voice becomes another instrument. So here we go: <3 symphonic metal / rock, various other metal, all forms of goth, industrial, techno, other electronic music, trance, punk, post punk, no wave, new wave, classical, <3 medieval and Celtic and Irish, country, bluegrass, Caribbean, reggae, Afro pop, traditional Chinese and Thai, South American, other world music, new age (a hated tag), some pop but female vocals are mandatory (luv Laura Branigan and not very poppy Polly Scattergood), individual instruments in various styles - harp, piano, <3 flute and violin, percussion (xylophones, marimbas, drums, etc.), guitars, <3 cellos and Irish bagpipes and hammered dulcimers, oboes, some classic rock but I'm kinda tired of it since bands like the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, etc. were new bands when I first heard them, a lot of indie / alternative from the '80s and '90s and some from this century. Have CDs, cassette tapes, and LPs of all the above.

Take away the music, better put me in a padded cell. Last.fm was the first app installed on the Esteem. And thanks to Last.fm I've developed a fondness for various genres of music by Russian artists.

Upvote 0
I go through phases with music. My first music love was nineties rock of course, given my age.
Everclear
Red Hot Chili Peppers
STP
Tool
(old) Green Day
Pearl Jam
Counting Crows

When I was a teenager and discovered metal, I listened to little else. Bands like these occupied all my time:
Iced Earth
In Flames
Dark Tranquility
In Extremo
Blind Guardian
Dimmu Borgir
Type O Negative

Then I started getting into jam bands. The Dead, Rusted Root, String Cheese Incident, I would lose myself.

A bit more recently, I started downloading assorted jrock, wanting more music like the excellent Bleach theme songs. I somehow discovered my current obsession, Dir en Grey, an amazing Japanese metal band that takes my mind on epic journeys. I have been buying up their music like crazy on Google Music.

If I had to pick one kind of music only for the rest of my life though, it would have to be metal. Nothing else makes me feel as good.

Upvote 0
I'm a dancer so I like to rock out to a lot of different styles.

House (all types), Jazz (all types), Underground Hip Hop (cant stand the radio stuff), Trip hop, 2-step, Metal, Grindcore, DnB (all types), Trance, Hard House/ Hard Style, Super Euro Beat (some of it is pretty catchy), J-pop/J-rock, 40's (I hate 50's music) 60's 70's 80's, Gabber, Rotterdam, Gopstyle, Soul/R&B, Classic, and yes Country (Boot scootin boogie is my ish.).

Upvote 0
I listen to quite a bit of music. I like just about all music, not to particular about country of today..
but i listen to.. Rock (all the different kinds) Metal ( all of them) Rap, Pop, Dubstep, Classical, older country, soul...
I don't really know the names of all the genres but I listen to quite a bit

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones