• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What launcher is this?

kkwan77

Nov 7, 2009
Instead of the icons it uses text?

See screen -

Attachments

• launcherpro-twitter-337x600.png
    launcherpro-twitter-337x600.png
    57.4 KB · Views: 164
Well, that particular launcher is Launcher Pro, but Launcher Pro doesn't come with those buttons. Those are custom icons, which could be applied to many different launchers.

It doesn't actually use text for icons. They are just icons (images) that contain text.

Upvote 0
Here you go: Dreamlyfe Dock

Not sure if those are the exact ones in the picture, but its the ones I use....I too was looking for text-icons instead of making my own and was planning on making a post here about them until I got pointed to the launcherpro forum.

The guy also supplies a PSD so using photoshop (or any other image editing software that supports PSDs) you can make your own icons with whatever text you want.

EDIT: Yeah, your screenshot uses a different layout (small word on top instead of bottom) but they are nearly the same. Also, you can use the icons with ANY custom dock, you do not have to use Dreamlyfe's dock.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones