• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What made you guys go for the dx?

I got the Droid X because it IS incredible ;) yep, another bad one.....

Seriously, I always say this in comparison threads.....it's nice to have choice, isn't it? :)

I think they are both great devices, the X edged it out due to the screen size, and I was having many bugs with the Incredible Froyo update in the form of resets while in the middle of phonecalls. I haven't looked back since I got my X, best phone I have ever had.

Upvote 0
(in order of significance)

1. Screen size & resolution. I like those 54 extra pixels Moto gives us!

2. Motorola reputation/voice quality. I know I can always count on Moto for good voice performance. And I didn't want to leave Verizon, though the Evo 4G + cheaper Sprint plans was MIGHTY tempting!

3. 8GB internal storage + microSDHC slot w/ 16GB bundled

4. Prospect of Froyo coming shortly after launch + plenty of future updates

5. The strength of the "Droid" community support + less likely to be abandoned by the manufacturer (ala Samsung)

6. 8mp camera + 720p video. Lack of camera quality was one of the main reasons I wanted to ditch my Droid 1.

7. Physical buttons under the screen instead of the silly capacitive buttons

8. Availability of a genuine Moto extended capacity battery at launch

9. HDMI out (haven't used this one nearly as much as I figured I would, sadly)

10 Build quality & felt better in hand than the Evo or HD2 (two devices I fondled extensively before buying the X to make sure I could handle this larger formfactor).

Upvote 0
Hey guys I'm about to upgrade my phone and wanted the dx for a while but now I'm also tempted by the incredible. So what made you guys choose the incredible? What draws you guys the most?

1. I love the screen size and screen quality.
2. Fits nice in your hand, very light phone.
3. Excellent reception and sound for phone calls.

On the downside, people will probably jump all over me for this, but if I had to do it all over again, I don't know whether I would get the X. There are a lot of things that I really love about this phone, but I have had many problems. I am on my third phone. I'm still having problems and I still have serious 3g drop issues that I don't think will ever be addressed by Verizon or Motorola. If you read the forums, you will see that while people love the X, there are also lot of people having problems. Also, if this is your first android phone, be aware that there is a big learning curve.

If I could do it all over again, I'm not sure what I would get. I'm lucky that I only took a 1 year contract. Maybe there will be a Droid X version 2 with many of the issues fixed by the time I can upgrade again.

Upvote 0
Pick any of the top phones right now and you'll have the possibility of getting multiples in a row that provide issues.

Incredible.. most likely than not, you'll have battery issues
Droid X.. maybe 3G drop issues, maybe stuck on M logo at boot (requires a battery pull, nothing major, and it's being fixed by Moto)
Fascinate.. reception, call quality, lag, gps issues

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones