• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What should I do?

Trice

Jun 28, 2010
I ordered an Incredible through a Verizon corporate store on June 5th. For whatever reason, that turned out to be one of the days with the longest shipping delay of all Incredible orders. So when the X came out and Verizon accommodated people switching their orders, I did. The guy at the Verizon store - reading from a Verizon email explaining how to handle Incredible order changes - said they could reserve an X for me and I just needed to show up today.

Meanwhile, the Incredible still shipped, days after I canceled it. Apparently it was intercepted on the truck on delivery day because I never got it and its status was changed to "delivery refused." (Which is what I would have done anyway.) It went back to Verizon, the return was processed, and I was refunded the money. All good.

Yesterday I call the Verizon store to confirm and they say their quantities are low and they can't reserve anything for anyone. I'm mad, in large part because nobody bothered to call and let me know. That store is way out of my way and I could have gone a long ways tonight for nothing.

So I explore ordering online when I hit a speed bump. We have two phone lines on our plan. On the My Verizon screen, both say "eligible to upgrade" but when you actually click through to either of them, it takes you to a screen that allows you to choose which line to upgrade. But one line is grayed out with a message about how it appears we've purchased a device we haven't yet activated. So there's some glitch there that only allows for one upgrade - which is fine, I could straighten that out later - except I can't use my NE2 credit online. A Verizon CSR told me last night I would either need to order through customer service or at a store to use the credit so they could override that glitch.

So how do I proceed with my X order today? I see a couple of options:

1. Call customer service so they can apply my NE2 credit, place the order, and hope it arrives tomorrow. (I'm skeptical it will arrive tomorrow as 2-3 people locally have said it will take a few days.)

2. Call the store back this morning hoping something has changed or the person I spoke with was wrong.

3. Visit another store (there's one in the town where I work) when it opens at 10 a.m. hoping maybe I can get one in person, and if not then they can fix my NE2 issue and place the order.

Anything I'm missing?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones