• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What steps to take after rooting?

rgr555

Apr 24, 2010
I successfully rooted the Galaxy S2 using step 2a from this page: [GUIDE] How to Flash Custom Binaries Without Ever Incrementing the Flash Counter!! - xda-developers

Now I'm confused about the details for the next steps 3a and 4 (from the link).
I purchased Mobile Odin PRO on the Market and installed it.

Can I go straight into installing a ROM .zip file? I want to try this one, [ROM]<=TASK650's ICS'd OUT! V9=>[JKayMOD,BRAVIA ENGINE,ICS ANIMS,BLN,ECT...](12-20) - xda-developers

Do I need to install a kernel first? If so, any suggestions?

Thanks

you need to install a kernel first that has cwm recovery. i used entropy's daily kernel or something like that. you download the .zip, extract it and you will select the zImage in Mobile Odin, which will install the new kernel. next you download the ROM you want to install and put it on your phone. then you boot into recovery by turning the phone off, then turning it on while holding both volume buttons down. that boots into recovery, select 'install .zip.' find the zip of the ROM you want to install and install it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones