• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What to do now?

rnot

Lurker
Nov 29, 2010
First time trying to root and I don't know where I'm at. I followed these steps (http://androidforums.com/eris-all-t...is-app-apk-no-pcs-no-scripts-needed-easy.html) and use kaosfroyo v38 instead. I booted to recovery and flashed from sdcard and selected the kaos zip. Then I rebooted and now my phone is hanging on the kaos android load screen. It shows the green android then goes to the android text for kaos and just hangs. I've read before that sometimes the first boot up can take 10 minutes or so, but it went on for 25 minutes. At the point I pulled the battery and tried it again, same results. Where do I go from here?

Market apps not installing? That's one of my pet peeves with Froyo - the market is definitely flakey. Sometimes you can cancel the download and reinstall; sometimes you find that the app installed, even though the market says it is still installing. If this keeps happening, you can always do, from home:

settings->applications->manage applications
tap on the all tab at the top; wait for the list to refresh
find "market" and tap it
tap "clear cache" and "clear data"
go back into the market, accept the terms, and try again

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones