• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What to do with those unused devices?

What are you guys doing with those unused devices after you upgrade? I picked up an HP Touchpad really just to play. I already have a tablet that I use daily so I knew the Touchpad would be a toy. Well I have played with WebOS and I have installed Android on it and the experience was great. But.....what do I do with it now?

What are you doing with your retired tablets/phones? I thought of the basic uses like a photo frame, weather/clock viewer, home automation. But I was looking for some other ideas and I figured this would be the place to ask.

Thanks!

i took my wifes old MT3G and set it up with a GV number. using a $5 app called Groove IP it is now a fully functional wifi phone with its own number, sms, browsing, etc. Of course it only works when on wifi, but it carries no monthly charge...i let the kids and visitors use it or take it with me while traveling as a backup phone.

Upvote 0
I still have my 12 year old 3310. They're usually in a box at home. I keep two phones with me, my new one and the one before that since I am on 2 networks, and the other one is prepaid so no new phones for that. Sometimes, if I need to go to a certain shady place for a few hours, I change my phones to the older ones so as to lessen risk of thieves. LOL.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones