• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What would you suggest for a bluetooth headset that is also good for music to use with Xperia X10?

I own a SE HBH-DS980. The sound is great and lasts approx 6 hours of music. Also, the caller's name and phone number displays on the OLED screen and is also able to access your recent calls list and make calls without ever pulling the phone out. However, it seems phonebook access via bluetooth is not supported on android 1.6.

I'm at the university all day and 6 hours isn't enough. So if you want something that lasts approx 18 hours (never actually measured it) I bought the Sony DR-BT50 which also supports AVRCP and very comfortable to wear. Audio doesn't give as good bass as other DJ headphones but it doubles as earmuffs in the winter which is a bonus especially when you're waiting for the bus! LOL

Upvote 0
The MW600 has up to 8,5h of streaming and 11h of radio according to SE. It shows caller id and YOU CAN SWAP OUT THE EARPLUGS with other headphones with a 3,5mm plug. :)

Yeah, I'd recommend the MW600s as well. Battery life is fantastic, and the ability to swap the headphones if you wish are great.

Only niggly issues I have with them is that they don't display track ID from the phone (though they do for enabled radio stations), and it's hard to find headphones with short cords if you do want to replace the earbuds it comes with.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I'd recommend the MW600s as well. Battery life is fantastic, and the ability to swap the headphones if you wish are great.

Only niggly issues I have with them is that they don't display track ID from the phone (though they do for enabled radio stations), and it's hard to find headphones with short cords if you do want to replace the earbuds it comes with.

And the volume control doesn't control the volume on the phone, just the receiver. And the volume control is a bit difficult at times.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones