• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

fdr434399

Lurker
Oct 31, 2023
What app is this icon for??

20231026_181627.jpg

I'm afraid that the icon you have ringed is really indistinct (the whole image has so many artifacts that it looks more like a sketch than a real photo: was this massively zoomed-in?).

In any case, there are literally millions of apps, so even with a good image most of these queries go unanswered. Your best bet if you want to know is probably to ask the person whose phone this is (and I know when I say that that most of the people who ask these questions - which we get daily - do not want to do that, but I'm afraid that is the truth).

No this is an s8 I believe. It's my wife's phone.
why not just ask her? or look on your wife's phone?

that symbol looks funny. it does not look like an icon. it looks as @Hadron suggested like it has been drawn in.

however, even if you had a good picture of it, you will probably not get a definite answer from us. the problem is that there millions of apps with notification icons. so unless it is something like facebook or youtube, most of these questions either go unanswered or you will only get guesses as to what it is.

Upvote 0
I'm wondering if there is some sort of theme applied which makes things look a bit more like sketches - though things like that normally affect desktop icons rather than notifications.

But I've no clue even what that's supposed to represent: a painted finger, the tail of a snake, the front of a train... it just doesn't look like anything recognisable. On the one hand it would be a bizarre icon for a dating app (what 99% of these questions are really asking), but it seems a pretty bizarre icon for any app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones