• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's on your SD card

shawn1224

Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation
Dec 10, 2009
Houston, TX
So what are some of ther things that most of you decide to fill up your SD card with?

I'll start off with mine.

- No apps saved to SD
- Approximately 280 songs, about 1.3 GB worth of music
- 4 movies (Jackass 3D, Little Fockers, Monsters and Megamind) about 1.5 GB
- Custom Roms (Android Revloution, CM7, stock overclock etc.) about 1.2 GB
- ebooks about 250 MB
- 4 Gameloft games SD data (Asphalt 6 Adrenaline, Modern Combat 2, Real Football and Hero of Sparta) about 1.3 GB
- Nandroid backups about 990MB

If you include all the other minor files, I have about 320MB left. 8GB sure does go bye bye real fast.

hmm.. i barely dinged my SD card. lol i got a 16gb card and i have about 14 gigs of free space. lol.
once i find a good DVD ripping software i'll put some movies on it :)
but so far i only have pics and a playlist of my fave songs (i don't need my whole music library on my phone.)
I use "WinX DVD Ripper" to get my dvd's to my pc. Then use Handbrake to convert them for use on my phone. Both are freeware!

Upvote 0
nice! i'm gonna try this out tonight! thanks
Sure thing! The WinX DVD Ripper has a paid version and a free version, the free version works just fine so no need to pay. And make sure when you rip a movie, to disable Subtitles. It's a box in the middle, choose last option. Took me a few tries to find that one, subtitles in my rips were killing me!

Reactions: Waldo?
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones