• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Whats safe?

what applications and services are you running? if you overclock your cpu ..people normally do that to achieve better performance while running cpu bound applications..what are you trying to achieve or use the overclocking for? once that is determined you can use the overclocking to decide whether or not its worth the risk of overheating..most cpus will shutdown before they overheat..just sayin..

Upvote 0
what applications and services are you running? if you overclock your cpu ..people normally do that to achieve better performance while running cpu bound applications..what are you trying to achieve or use the overclocking for? once that is determined you can use the overclocking to decide whether or not its worth the risk of overheating..most cpus will shutdown before they overheat..just sayin..
I just want a little less system lag mainly. And to save battery with my processor going slower but is 128 fast enough?

Upvote 0
create profiles with setcpu. if you are using fresh, flipz says that it doesn't seem to work above 1.15 ghz

i have two profiles:

screen off, throttle down to 250
charging, throttle up to 1.15

otherwise, i have it set to 'ondemand' between 250 and 1.15

I have found the same thing, anything over 1.15 causes problems, but 1.15 works perfectly. (Also using Fresh, v1.0.1, can't speak for other ROMs)

Also, for more details on using SetCPU with profiles, check out this thread:

[ROOT] Using SetCPU + Perflock Disabler to Save Battery, Underclock - xda-developers

Since setting up SetCPU and overclocking, I have seen a definite increase in both performance and battery life by tweaking the profiles to work best with my usage and charging patterns.

Edit: Also, I have the minimum clock speeds for the different profiles all set to 245. when I started with a 128 minimum I had some random problems crop up, and it seems other people have had issues at 128 as well.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
wow. thats a severe trade off for performance. i would offer..find a happy median between performance and batt life..lets see if someone else responds with better intel.

i ran a full day with 652mhz as the ondemand speed with screen on and 245mhz for when the screen was off, Phone still ran really smooth with no hiccups and the battery live was amazing, even with heavy use

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones