• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's the best size tablet for school?

I use a Galaxy Note 10.1 for school. It allows me to download any PowerPoints and convert them to PDF. From there I can annotate on the PDF any notes from class. I think if you go with a smaller screen it might be a little harder to take notes on, just my opinion (but I am also 6' 3" and 250lbs so I have larger hands and a small tablet it hard to be more accurate on).

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
For school, I would only consider a 10" tablet. Let's face it, you already have a backpack filled with books and notepads that are physically larger anyway, so it's not a big deal.

Now if you were only walking around without that, then it'd be something to consider. I think the ability to see better on a 10" tablet would trump anything else. The Nexus 7 is cool, and I have nothing against the 7-8" form factor, just think 10" is more ideal for getting work done.

Reactions: Caveman419
Upvote 0
For school, I would only consider a 10" tablet. Let's face it, you already have a backpack filled with books and notepads that are physically larger anyway, so it's not a big deal.

Now if you were only walking around without that, then it'd be something to consider. I think the ability to see better on a 10" tablet would trump anything else. The Nexus 7 is cool, and I have nothing against the 7-8" form factor, just think 10" is more ideal for getting work done.

That is some sound logic that you can not argue with.

Upvote 0
Personally, I'd opt for a 10 inch tab. While I am not a student, I spend my entire days on a uni campus. While I do have a desktop and laptop in my office, my N10 is what I use to read, email, do video conferences, research on the web, make/ take notes etc. Again, personally, I'd probably find a 7 inch tab a bit too small.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones