• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's the least expensive Android device?

Hi,

I want to participate in this community and I'm trying to find the least expensive touchscreen Android OS device to get started. It can be a phone, tablet, whatever.

I assume I'll need Android 2.1 or greater with WiFi.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks so much for the help,
J

Check out this link for starts:

eBay: Android Phones, Used, under $100 - The search query wont stay, just type in Android Phone, select Used, and put max price to 100

Make sure you get one with a good ESN, and check the pictures for wear-n-tear. As always on eBay, check the sellers feedback and make sure they are reliable.

It looks like there are some good deals on the Wildfire, Eris, Magic and few others. I don't know the details on every phone, but if you find a 'Buy It Now' offer that you think is a good deal, post the link and well check it out

GL :cool:

Upvote 0
My phone: LG Optimus P500.
It's so cheap it's almost free and yet it's so freakyshly (spelling?) good.
I tested it vs. and iPhone 3GS. Performed better in almost everything except camera, screen and sound quality. They don't matter for me that much, as long as they work.

Everything else was better than the 3GS.

Loading speed. Check.
Boot time. Check.
Battery life. Check.
Download speed via 3G. Check.
Download speed via Wi-Fi. Check.
Signal reception. Check.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones