• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help WhatsApp messages overriding Do Not Disturb?

I just want calls and texts to come through when I have DND turned on, but for some reason WhatsApp messages still make a sound. Is there any way to stop this?

Well it shouldn't be doing that, and WhatsApp hasn't done it on any devices I've had. Maybe there's an issue with it on your particular phone or tablet?

Upvote 0
Turn off your Internet while you turn on DND or you can even disable notifications for Whatsapp so that you don't get any notification.
Not really ideal, would prefer to just have it work and not have to use some workaround like these
Well it shouldn't be doing that, and WhatsApp hasn't done it on any devices I've had. Maybe there's an issue with it on your particular phone or tablet?
It's a Samsung Galaxy A50, if that's any help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones