• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help When connect wifi phone freezes

cpeterm

Lurker
May 29, 2020
Out of the blue cannot connect to wifi. Other phone same place connects. As soon as I connect S7 it freezes. Have to power button and the Volume button down simultaneously for more than 7 seconds to restart it. Tried to Wifi connect at top screen icon and also settings>connections>wifi, freezes . After power off takes 5 minutes to start again – sits long on name ‘Samsung’ in middle of screen - much longer than in past.
Memory okay; updated; Power off ...wait 30sec ...power on; cleared cache; bluetooth works; mobile works; tried power saving on and off; did a 'wipe cache partition' and rebooted.
Did not do factory reset.

Please help. peter

Thanks. Rebooted no change. Different network (for a month we had 2 ISP) same problem - freezes as soon as i choose wifi.
its an s7.....it came out in 2016.......its time for a new phone.

from what i see, your options are either to deal with it....or.....get a new phone, since you answered the question about the router. if it is not the router than it is your phone. i guess your other option is to do a factory reset to see if it is a software glitch.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones