• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help When should i use 4g or mobile network on my HTc evo

ironmanpete

Lurker
Aug 21, 2010
I currently switch my Wi-fi and Mobile Network switch on and off through out the day to increase battery life. I switch on mobile network and the 3G symbol turns on allowing me to surf with out wifi. This is also the only way to send and receive MMS messages.

BUT now that my city(miami) has 4g available, i have a third switch to consider when trying to save battery life, i.e the 4g switch in widget>settings.

Now my question, should i forever turn off my mobile network swtich and keep my 4g on? Will i receive MMS? Tryed earlier with both 4g switch and mobile network turned on and received error when sending pic. Is mobile network just 3g? Confused as F with 4g right now :thinking::mad:

I currently switch my Wi-fi and Mobile Network switch on and off through out the day to increase battery life. I switch on mobile network and the 3G symbol turns on allowing me to surf with out wifi. This is also the only way to send and receive MMS messages.

BUT now that my city(miami) has 4g available, i have a third switch to consider when trying to save battery life, i.e the 4g switch in widget>settings.

Now my question, should i forever turn off my mobile network swtich and keep my 4g on? Will i receive MMS? Tryed earlier with both 4g switch and mobile network turned on and received error when sending pic. Is mobile network just 3g? Confused as F with 4g right now :thinking::mad:

4g will drain your battery much faster than 3g, so it would not be wise to leave it permanently enabled unless you think you can make it through the day on a considerably shorter battery life. And it seems you are already worried about that since you toggle mobile network (which is 3g) and WiFi on/off. My suggestion would be download juicedefender from the market and enable it. As long as it is enabled and a data connection (3g/4g) is enabled too, it will enable data for 1 minute for every 15 minutes that occur (when the screen is off). This way your phone won't be connected to data services all the time, and it will make your battery last longer. And while the screen is on, you will always be connected.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones