• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help When someone sends me a picture message, I can't see it in full size

RoarOfZonda

Jul 25, 2012
So when someone sends me a picture + a message in one text, I click on the picture but it actually opens up the whole bubble which includes the message too.
So if someone sends me a picture of a kitty and says "my cute little kitty", when I click on the picture of the kitty, it actually opens up the whole bubble which includes the text + the picture. And I really don't like that.
I checked my friends Sprint GS3 yesterday and when I send him a picture, all he does is tap on the picture and the picture pops open in full size. But I have the AT&T version of the S3.
Does anyone know a fix to this??? It really bothers me because if I really want to look at a picture I have to save the picture, go to gallery, and look at it from there. I really hope there's a fix.

As a workaround, have you tried Handcent or ChompSMS to see if they do the same thing?

Also, have you cleared data and cache for the Messaging app?

I haven't tried any other messaging app, I might give it a try and see how I like them. I really like the original Messenger app but I'll give something else a try.

and I don't think clearing data and cache would benefit me since I had to factory restore my phone 2 weeks or so ago anyways

Upvote 0
My Verizon version switches to a picture about 20% the size of the screen with video control buttons underneath and then the "picture" plays for 5 seconds. This is pretty lame. One should be able to 1 click a full screen picture! Instead, you have to save the attachment, bring up the home screen that has your Gallery icon, open it and search for the picture and then click. Bummer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones